
ISAAC
This is the month of Isaac's Birthday so I thought I would introduce and tell about him. He is going to be four years old on January 28th.Everything about Isaac is extreme. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with him life was never boring again. I was extremely sick with him; he wanted to come early and we took a $20,000 plane ride to Primary Childrens together, but I kept him inside until he was full term. He arrived at 8lbs 15 oz. We decided that the doctors gave me the wrong kind of steroid at the time, but then Grace was 8lbs 13 oz, so I must just feed them well inside of me.
Isaac was a happy baby as long as he was being held AND ENTERTAINED. He has had to be entertained ever since he was born. Until recently, he would not watch TV either so that was out of the question for a quick baby sitter.
SOME FUNNY THINGS ABOUT ISAAC
He absolutely would not take a bottle. I finally said no more nursing during the day when he was 11 months and he lost a few pounds because he didn't want food. I didn't ween him until he was 15 months and at that time I nursed him, and when he was all done he looked up at me and went "Aaaaahhhhhhhh". That was when I decided that was enough.Isaac does something funny two or three times a day but some things that stand out are: On Sunday, at sacrament meeting, I was trying to show him how to be reverent bye being very still. After a few seconds he nudged me and ask with a red face "can I breathe?"
Another time I had Isaac and Grace with me at the hospital so Sierra could get a CT scan for her head injury. Grace had a messy diaper so I took them into the bathroom to change her but they didn't have a changing station, so I took them into the dressing room to change her. I proceeded to change Grace and all of the sudden two nurses came running into the room and checked all the stalls. I didn't think anything of it until one of the nurses said "Oh, it's just this little boy." Isaac had pulled the help string in all of the stalls. Oops.
One day he decied that he wanted to be a helicopter pilot like Diego and so he got my headphones and cut the wires off of them. He got a spanking for that one and then he said "but, mom, just glue them back together". Apparently we have to glue lots of things back together and he figured it would work with wires too.
He has had a full vocabulary since befor he was two and he won't let anyone else get a word in unless you are answering his questions. About a week after we got back from Vegas, He ask me, "mom, do I talk too much? Grandma told me I talk too much". Believe me I am not offended. I find myself hiding in corners or locking doors just to have a moment of silence once in a while. The other day I told him the word "Mommy" was a bad word and not to say it anymore. The next day he ask me if it was really a bad word because he really wanted to say it. I had to apologize for that one.
Isaac has definitely put meaning into our life and I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world. He is a great helper. One time he was helping me make Great Grandma Noodles and he took the lid off the pepper bottle and poured the whole bottle in. That was some spicy soup. He loves to help me take care of Gracie. He will defend her from anyone and always made sure she was well taken care of at nursery. Of course, She refuses to bathe, and when I make her, she screams and claws at me to get out because Isaac has her convinced there are snakes in the tub waiting to bite her. She also believes that when she is alone downstairs there are monsters that come alive. He does love her and will make sure he walks her up the stairs so they wont get her.
Well, that's all I can think of for now. If I remember more I'll post more. Happy Birthday Isaac!



I think Siri is an Isaac, She does not know how to entertain herself she never stops talking and she is out of control.
ReplyDeleteI just pray I don't have another one like her.
Happy Birthday Isacc. What a cutie. I think he is a doll.
ReplyDeleteNO NO NO I am not having another one and If I do it wont be for like 2 years.
ReplyDeleteHe is a character! I'm so glad he and Caleb are buddies--they are two peas in a pod, except for the fact that Isaac can 'talk like a grown up'...
ReplyDeleteHi Chrishel!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a long time since I've seen you! You have such a cute family.
Send me your email address and I'll add you to my reader list!
josiestew@hotmail.com