Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Sierra




Ok, this is the month of Sierra's birthday, actually it has already passed, so I will introduce her for this month. Unfortunately, we didn't go digital until Sierra was at least seven or eight years old so unless I have some time on my hands you wont be seeing any baby pics of her. Too bad too, because she was a BEAUTIFUL baby.

Sierra joined our family on February 2nd 1997. Yes, it was ground hog day and she was a week late. They told me that if she saw her shadow when she came out that she would go back in for 6 more weeks. Lucky for me and her, she did not see her shadow that day. She had a rough time coming out (definately did a number on me) and after using the forceps and the vacuum, Dr. Henry just reached in and pulled her out. She broke her left clavical bone, and had various bruises on her head. She had lots of hair on her head and all over her body. Doesn't paint a pretty picture but she really was soooo beautiful.

Sierra was such a good baby. I would have more if I could be guaranteed they would be as good as her (unfortunately each one got worse). I don't think she even cried until she was at least 4 or 5 months old. She was easygoing and happy to be with anyone. Although she is now very defiant with me, she is still this way with others. She can be friends with anyone old or young.

Sierra is a very good student, always has been. She is self-motivated. I never have to tell her to do her homework or study for a test because she knows what she needs to do. She loves to read. Her worst subject, she says, is science which she still gets A's in. Maybe an A-. So, that has been nice for me, but imagine my rude awakening when Taten came along and is smart but does not enjoy school work. Luckily, he minds me and will do his homework after the 3rd or 4th time he is told.

I have to stop now to put the kids to bed but hopefully will add more on Sierra later.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sierra. I do remember she was the cutest baby.

    ReplyDelete