Monday, February 9, 2009






What do ya know, I have some time on my hands (actually I am forfitting my housework and 1/2 of my naptime) so I scanned some pics of Sierra when she was little and here they are.

SOME INTERESTING AND FUNNY THINGS ABOUT SIERRA

1. When she was a baby she would store her food in her cheeks. We would find food in her mouth after she would wake up from naps. This ended up costing us a lot of money at the Dentist office and she is the only child I know that had at least four absest teeth and 4-5 root canals by the time she was 7. I hear she gets this lovely trait from her Grandma Syrett.
2. She has always found entertainment out of anything. When she was little, Grandpa and Grandma Syrett would take her on their tow calls to Vegas often and she loved it. All I had to do is send a bunch of little gagets with her and my parents would say she would just sit and play with them the whole trip. She also loved eating out in Vegas with my parents and has probably been to more Vegas restaurants than me.
3. This is definately not funny but last year she had some pretty painful injuries while playing her favorite sport. She had one week of softball where she was hit in the ankle by a softball and withing 5 minutes it had swollen to twice the size of normal. She skinned her knee up pretty bad and bruised her jawbone from gametime.
Then, for a season finale we went to the Chuckers game (Professional baseball team in Idaho Falls) and she was hit in the head with a foul ball. This sent her to the emergency room and in the hospital overnight. She fractured her skull and had some bleeding on her brain. She still has a lump on her forhead that docs say might never go away. All I could think of was how to get her out of pain and as soon as the EMTs got there I told them to give her something for the pain and they could only give it to her in an IV so she refused it. She's crazy. I would have said "bring it on baby, give me all you got". Both her eyes went black and blue and she looked sort of Asian for about a month but she has recovered and is now practicing softball for season 2009.

That's all I can think of for now. We are thankful for Sierra and although she complains alot, she is a great helper and we are so thankful to have her around. We Love her very much.

Happy Birthday Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) birthday Sierra. She was a beautiful baby, I remember coming to see her at your mom's house. I'm sad that we do not get to see each others kids more and they don't get to play with each other.

    ReplyDelete